This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, June 18, 2007

WHO IS MY BROTHER?

“Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me?” Jesus answered, “… seventy-seven times.”

Matthew 18:21–22 niv


Seems to me God gives a lot more grace than we’d ever imagine.

We could do the same.

I’m not for watering down the truth or compromising the gospel. But if a fellow with a pure heart calls God Father, can’t I call that same man Brother? If God doesn’t make doctrinal perfection a requirement for family membership, should I?

And if we never agree, can’t we agree to disagree? If God can tolerate my mistakes, can’t I tolerate the mistakes of others? … If God allows me with my foibles and failures to call him Father, shouldn’t I extend the same grace to others?

When God Whispers Your Name
[1]

Today's Scripture in Context

[1]Lucado, Max; Gibbs, Terri A.: Grace for the Moment: Inspirational Thoughts for Each Day of the Year. Nashville, Tenn.: J. Countryman, 2000, S. 191

No comments: