This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Friday, November 09, 2007

A COMPASSIONATE GOD

He comforts us every time we have trouble, so when others have trouble, we can comfort them.

2 Corinthians 1:4

My child’s feelings are hurt. I tell her she’s special.

My child is injured. I do whatever it takes to make her feel better.

My child is afraid. I won’t go to sleep until she is secure.

I’m not a hero .… I’m a parent. When a child hurts, a parent does what comes naturally. He helps.…

Why don’t I let my Father do for me what I am more than willing to do for my own children?

I’m learning.… Being a father is teaching me that when I am criticized, injured, or afraid, there is a Father who is ready to comfort me. There is a Father who will hold me until I’m better, help me until I can live with the hurt, and who won’t go to sleep when I’m afraid of waking up and seeing the dark.

Ever.

The Applause of Heaven
[1]

Today's Scripture in Context

[1]Lucado, Max; Gibbs, Terri A.: Grace for the Moment: Inspirational Thoughts for Each Day of the Year. Nashville, Tenn.: J. Countryman, 2000, S. 342

No comments: