This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

REVEALED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT

John 1:29-34
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Jesus, the Lamb of God

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world! 30 He is the one I was talking about when I said, ‘A man is coming after me who is far greater than I am, for he existed long before me.’ 31 I did not recognize him as the Messiah, but I have been baptizing with water so that he might be revealed to Israel.”

32 Then John testified, “I saw the Holy Spirit descending like a dove from heaven and resting upon him. 33 I didn’t know he was the one, but when God sent me to baptize with water, he told me, ‘The one on whom you see the Spirit descend and rest is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 I saw this happen to Jesus, so I testify that he is the Chosen One of God.”


John the Baptist didn’t recognize Jesus as the Messiah from the beginning. It took a Word from God and a visible action before John knew that Jesus was the One whom Israel had been looking for. When the Holy Spirit revealed Jesus, that settled it for John the Baptist. His testimony was set. Jesus was the … “Chosen One of God … the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world.”

Have you allowed the Holy Spirit to settle the issue in your heart? God has given you the Word … The Holy Bible. He has done all the action that needs to be done … The Cross. There is no need to look further. John the Baptist didn’t care what others thought or said about him. He believed what he heard and saw. The Holy Spirit is still settling the issue in the hearts of those seeking the truth. Set your testimony today! “Jesus is the One for me.”

No comments: