This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Thursday, January 28, 2010

GREEN PASTURES

John 10:7-10
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

The Good Shepherd and His Sheep

7 … “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who came before me were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them. 9 Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. 10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.


Jesus described Himself as the gate for the sheep (v. 7). As the gate He was the one through whom His sheep would find not merely entrance into a secure fold but into a rich green pasture (v. 9).

All who come to God through Jesus will receive not only eternal life but also abundant life. Time and again Jesus reminded His disciples about the benefits and rewards they would receive because they had chosen to follow Him.

Look around you today and take notice of your green pasture.

No comments: