This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Thursday, May 17, 2007

NO NONSACRED MOMENTS

We are God’s workers, working together.

1 Corinthians 3:9

It’s a wonderful day indeed when we stop working for God and begin working with God.…

For years I viewed God as a compassionate CEO and my role as a loyal sales representative. He had his office, and I had my territory. I could contact him as much as I wanted. He was always a phone or fax away. He encouraged me, rallied behind me, and supported me, but he didn’t go with me. At least I didn’t think he did. Then I read 2nd Corinthians 6:1: We are “God’s fellow workers” (niv).

Fellow workers? Co-laborers? God and I work together? Imagine the paradigm shift this truth creates. Rather than report to God, we work with God. Rather than check in with him and then leave, we check in with him and then follow. We are always in the presence of God.… There is never a nonsacred moment!

Just Like Jesus
[1]

Today's Scripture in Context

[1]Lucado, Max; Gibbs, Terri A.: Grace for the Moment: Inspirational Thoughts for Each Day of the Year. Nashville, Tenn.: J. Countryman, 2000, S. 158

No comments: