This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

“DADDY”

Romans 8:15-17
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Life in the Spirit

15 So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.” 16 For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children. 17 And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.


The same God who is “Our Father who art in heaven…” is “Abba, Father”.

My mother was a school teacher. When I encounter her in the academic environment, just like all the other students, I addressed her as Mrs. Varnado. But when I would come in the house from play, I would call out, “Mama…”.

“Our Father” is creator, God of the universe, on the throne in heaven overseeing everything that happens in the world.

At the same time “Abba, Father” is ‘Daddy’. He is my Daddy and I am His child. Through His Son and my brother Jesus, I have been adopted into His family. I can crawl up into His lap and be comforted. I share in all His blessings along with all His children. Daddy doesn’t play favorites … He loves us all equally. When I need it, Daddy disciplines me … gives me a good spanking (that’s what loving father’s do). My Daddy is the medicine when I fall and hurt myself.

One day I will get to spend eternity with Him … He promised me that. He also made me a promise for today. He said, “I will never leave you or forsake you.” Don’t I have a great Daddy.

No comments: