This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

EXCELL AT DOING GOOD

Romans 12:17-21
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

A Living Sacrifice to God

17 Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. 18 Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.

19 Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say,

“I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the Lord.

20 Instead,

“If your enemies are hungry, feed them. If they are thirsty, give them something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals of shame on their heads.”

21 Don’t let evil conquer you, but conquer evil by doing good.


I grew up with a very quick temper. I had to learn to control it. I had to learn not to let my natural response, a strike back in anger, be my first response. I was taught to count to ten … turn and walk away … hold my tongue. None of these responses come naturally to me.

God has an even better response to practice when we get angry, are wronged and want revenge. Do something good.

It takes practice. It requires intentionality. It will not come naturally. Let’s practice today. When someone makes you angry today, intentionally find something good to do in response. If you keep practicing, you will excel at doing good.

PRAISE REPORT: My brother’s surgery was successful. He is out of recovery and in a room. We are waiting on the pathology reports to see what’s ahead. Thank you for your continuing prayer.

No comments: