This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Friday, March 07, 2008

A NEW THOUGHT PROCESS

Romans 12:1-2
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

A Living Sacrifice to God

1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. 2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

If you have been a believer for a period of time, you have probably had an experience where God has changed the way you think on a particular issue. Let me share with you one example from my experience.

I grew up in a church going family. I can never remember a time when church has not been a significant part of my life. I praise God for this, knowing that not everyone is blessed to be raised in the church. One thing I came to believe is that my church, the church/denomination of my family, had a corner on God and His amazing grace. We had it right and everyone else had it wrong.

God changed that thought process in me. I have met Christians from different denominations who truly love the Lord and live out their faith in their daily walk. God has not required me to abandon the fundamental beliefs of my denomination but He has required me to open my eyes and my heart to Christians across denominational lines. Unity in the Body of Christ is called for in the scriptures and I, as a believer, had to change my way of thinking.

Has there been an area of your faith walk where God has transformed your mind? Is He working on your mind right now? Do you practice your new thought process not only in your faith walk but also as you come in contact with the world (unbelievers)?

NOTE: Sorry I missed the Gospel Pearl yesterday. I am fighting a cold and yesterday morning was a struggle to hold up my pounding head. Today is much better!

No comments: