This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

FAITHLESS NO MORE

John 20:26-29
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Jesus Appears to Thomas

26 Eight days later the disciples were together again, and this time Thomas was with them. The doors were locked; but suddenly, as before, Jesus was standing among them. “Peace be with you,” he said. 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe!”

28 “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.

29 Then Jesus told him, “You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.”


Thomas needed to touch and see and Jesus offered him just what he desired. Thomas responded with faith. “My Lord and my God!” He said, ‘my Lord’. It was now personal for Thomas. After three years of following Jesus and observing His ministry, Thomas became a believer. He was faithless no more.

I was raised in the church, sang in the choir, on the usher board, in the Easter and Christmas programs … you get the picture. I knew who the preacher and teachers said Jesus was. It was, however, well into adulthood before I invited Jesus into my heart and confessed Him as Lord. It was only then that it became personal and I was faithless no more.

If you never have, ask Jesus for a touch today. Get personal with Him. Just as He did with Thomas (and me), Jesus will let you get personal with Him. In fact, that is His desire. “Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.” Be faithless no more.

No comments: