This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Friday, October 17, 2008

I HAVE SEEN THE LORD

John 20:14-18
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Jesus Appears to Mary Magdalene

14 She turned to leave and saw someone standing there. It was Jesus, but she didn’t recognize him. 15 “Dear woman, why are you crying?” Jesus asked her. “Who are you looking for?”

She thought he was the gardener. “Sir,” she said, “if you have taken him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will go and get him.”

16 “Mary!” Jesus said.

She turned to him and cried out, “Rabboni!” (which is Hebrew for “Teacher”).

17 “Don’t cling to me,” Jesus said, “for I haven’t yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

18 Mary Magdalene found the disciples and told them, “I have seen the Lord!” Then she gave them his message.


Mary Magdalene saw Jesus early that Sunday morning, as she stood by the entrance to the tomb where He had been buried. Where have you seen the Lord?

I have seen the Lord in the birth of a child and in the death of a loved one.

I have seen the Lord in the uniting of a loving couple in marriage.

I have seen the Lord in the baptismal pool surrounding a young child who has confessed her faith and again moments later when her father steps in the water, also confessing his faith.

I have seen the Lord in the healing from cancer of a young mother and in the ultimate healing of a man whose cancer is too far gone.

I have seen the Lord in Spirit-filled churches … in Spirit-filled saints … in Spirit-filled ministries … where it’s all about Jesus (and not about us).

Praise God! “I have seen the Lord!”

No comments: