This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Romans 1:5-9
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

5 Through Christ, God has given us the privilege and authority as apostles to tell Gentiles everywhere what God has done for them, so that they will believe and obey him, bringing glory to his name.
6 And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ. 7 I am writing to all of you in Rome who are loved by God and are called to be his own holy people.
May God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ give you grace and peace.
8 Let me say first that I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith in him is being talked about all over the world. 9 God knows how often I pray for you. Day and night I bring you and your needs in prayer to God, whom I serve with all my heart by spreading the Good News about his Son.


As I rest, relax and enjoy this Thanksgiving break, I have so much to be thankful for. Family … friends … fellow saints in the Body of Christ. As I think of you all, I am thankful to God for the many blessings (each one of you), He has poured out on me from His abundant storehouse in Heaven.

I have something new to be thankful for this year that has never been a part of my thank you list before. God has blessed me in the past with ministry opportunities in His church but this past October 15th,2008, He called me to the position of pastor of the Nazareth Missionary Baptist Church in Mendenhall, MS. The people of Nazareth have opened their hearts to my wife and I and made us feel unconditionally loved. Our love for them is overflowing. This is making this Thanksgiving very special!

Now put on top of that the wedding of my youngest daughter this coming Saturday evening and I am about to bust wide open, like that stuffed turkey, with joy and happiness.

I pray your Thanksgiving is also filled and overflowing with the joy we only get from God.

No comments: