This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, May 18, 2009

HIDING PLACE

Psalm 119:9-16
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Values Based on the Word

9 How can a young person stay pure?
By obeying your word.
10 I have tried hard to find you—
don’t let me wander from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.
12 I praise you, O Lord;
teach me your decrees.
13 I have recited aloud
all the regulations you have given us.
14 I have rejoiced in your laws
as much as in riches.
15 I will study your commandments
and reflect on your ways.
16 I will delight in your decrees
and not forget your word.


What you take to heart is who you are. The heart is your center … your core … your source of life. It is in your heart that you hold the things which are most precious to you. Jesus said in Matthew 6:21 that our heart is always where our treasure will be.

What better place to hide God’s word (Ps 119:11)!

No comments: