This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Thursday, August 27, 2009

RESISTING THE VISION … GOD’S ANSWER

Exodus 3:11-12
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Moses and the Burning Bush

11 But Moses protested to God, “Who am I to appear before Pharaoh? Who am I to lead the people of Israel out of Egypt?”
12 God answered, “I will be with you. And this is your sign that I am the one who has sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God at this very mountain.”


Moses was one of the greatest leaders of world history. When God directed him to lead in a difficult situation, he hesitated before he obeyed … but he did obey. God showed Moses genuine understanding of his fears about the overwhelming vision. God validated each of Moses’ statements and addressed them. As Moses’ concerns went away, so did his resistance to the vision. Like Moses, we will occasionally face seemingly impossible situations and will need to follow Moses’ lead: Assess the situation, take our fears to God, listen for His response and then obey.

God said, “I will be with you…” That’s enough for me!

No comments: