This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, November 23, 2009

SERIOUS ABOUT SIN

1 Peter 2:24
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Suffering with Christ

24 He personally carried our sins
in his body on the cross
so that we can be dead to sin
and live for what is right.
By his wounds
you are healed.



It was easy to wrap my head … my heart … my faith around the end of this verse going into surgery. The Lord woke me more focused on the beginning. Have I been living "…dead to sin…"? No! Is that why I had to suffer another surgery? Truly, I don’t know. There is the question in scripture about whether a sickness is due to personal sin … generational sin … or whether it is for God’s glory.

There are consequences to the sins we commit. If I am not living …dead to sin…, I best be ready for the wages of sin.

God is due the glory for ALL that has been accomplished in my life over the years I have lived with this tumor. He continues to receive the glory today!

Let me live only for what is right.

No comments: