This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

WINGS AS EAGLES

Isaiah 40:31
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

31 But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.


God gave me this verse years ago. There are eagles all around me … pictures … plaques … statues … bookmarks … all with my attachment to this verse as a basis. This is my life scripture.

One month ago today, I had surgery to remove a benign brain tumor. The surgery was very successful and yet I was left with severe weakness in both my legs. After a week in the hospital recovering from the surgery I spent three weeks in an inpatient rehabilitation facility. I came home yesterday.

No, I’m not running yet but I am walking (with a walker) and not getting weary nor fainting nor falling. I have come from no movement in my right leg to walking where I need to walk. I say all that to say God is not finished with me and this verse … new strength … soaring high … walking … and yes some running too.

This is the verse God knew a long time ago that I would need for just such a time as these.

No comments: