This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

FLEXIBILITY

1 Corinthians 9:19-23
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Paul Gives Up His Rights

19 Even though I am a free man with no master, I have become a slave to all people to bring many to Christ. 20 When I was with the Jews, I lived like a Jew to bring the Jews to Christ. When I was with those who follow the Jewish law, I too lived under that law. Even though I am not subject to the law, I did this so I could bring to Christ those who are under the law. 21 When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewish law, I too live apart from that law so I can bring them to Christ. But I do not ignore the law of God; I obey the law of Christ.

22 When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some. 23 I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings.


How flexible are you? The Apostle Paul could relate to the Jews or the Gentiles because he purposed to be flexible. He could “…find common ground with everyone...” Note that he was able to do this without giving up his faith. “…I do not ignore the law of God; I obey the law of Christ.”


Are you willing to be flexible in your relationships with people who are different from you or do you take a hard line stance? Must it be your way or no way? Lets learn to let Paul’s flexibility be a model for our interpersonal relationships. Ohhh … to be as successful as Paul in winning souls to Christ!

No comments: