This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, April 26, 2010

FORGIVE AND RESTORE

Hosea 2:21-23
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

The LORD’s Love for Unfaithful Israel

21 “In that day, I will answer,” says the LORD. “I will answer the sky as it pleads for clouds. And the sky will answer the earth with rain. 22 Then the earth will answer the thirsty cries of the grain, the grapevines, and the olive trees. And they in turn will answer, ‘Jezreel’—‘God plants!’
23 At that time I will plant a crop of Israelites and raise them for myself. I will show love to those I called ‘Not loved.’
And to those I called ‘Not my people,’ I will say, ‘Now you are my people.’
And they will reply, ‘You are our God!’”

Read Hosea 2.

Hosea’s love for Gomer serves as a picture of God’s love for His unfaithful people. It also serves as an example for us to follow. Every believer will at some time be called on by God to seek out, forgive and restore a relationship which has been broken. Such actions require both the grace and love of God.

How must Hosea have felt when God directed him to reconcile with Gomer? Why did he do it? What relationship in your life requires such love? When God calls on you to seek reconciliation with someone who has hurt you, how will you respond? Remember, believers are acquainted with forgiveness. He first forgave us through the gift of His Son.

No comments: