This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

GOD – THE ULTIMATE ENCOURAGER

John 14:1-3
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Jesus, the Way to the Father

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. 2 There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 3 When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.

After Israel experienced the seventy-year captivity, God spoke to them through the prophet Jeremiah about His plan to prosper them and not to harm them; to give them hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). Similarly, Jesus comforted His disciples on the night He was betrayed by encouraging them not to let their hearts be troubled, but to trust in Him.

God is an encourager and He uses people for this purpose. Who has encouraged you in your past? Did you express your gratitude? Who have you encouraged lately?

No comments: