This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, August 09, 2010

Focus on Christ Return

1 Corinthians 1:4-9 (New Living Translation)

Paul Gives Thanks to God

4 I always thank my God for you and for the gracious gifts he has given you, now that you belong to Christ Jesus. 5 Through him, God has enriched your church in every way—with all of your eloquent words and all of your knowledge. 6 This confirms that what I told you about Christ is true. 7 Now you have every spiritual gift you need as you eagerly wait for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. 8 He will keep you strong to the end so that you will be free from all blame on the day when our Lord Jesus Christ returns. 9 God will do this, for he is faithful to do what he says, and he has invited you into partnership with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

Two thousand years ago, Paul spoke to the young church at Corinth using the phrase, “eagerly wait for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ.” Was Paul wrong about the return of Christ? Absolutely not! Christ is coming back. It didn’t happen two thousand years ago and it didn’t happen yesterday. We don’t know the day nor the hour of Christ return. That unknown says we must be ready everyday and every hour. Christ will come again!

On a personal note, I took the summer off from posting these devotions. I needed the break but in the terms of the pilot from the movie ‘Independence Day’, “I’m back!” I have continued with my recovery challenges from last November’s surgery. I remain hopeful and I am certain that God remains faithful. Please continue to pray for me.

No comments: