This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SEE IT COMING

John 8:54-58
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Jesus and Abraham

54 Jesus answered, “If I want glory for myself, it doesn’t count. But it is my Father who will glorify me. You say, ‘He is our God,’ 55 but you don’t even know him. I know him. If I said otherwise, I would be as great a liar as you! But I do know him and obey him. 56 Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad.”

57 The people said, “You aren’t even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?”

58 Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I AM!”


Hundreds of years before Jesus came, in his spirit Abraham was able to see the coming of the Messiah. This prophetic revelation was a source of joy to Abraham.

Over two thousand years ago, it was revealed to John that Jesus was coming again and it would be soon (Rev. 22).

Today, as we look at the signs of the Old and New Testament prophecies, we can see it coming. Time is winding up. We are living in the last days that Peter, Luke and Paul wrote about. Jesus is coming back again.

Like Abraham, do you see it? Are you glad?

Come Lord Jesus!!!

No comments: