This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Friday, December 05, 2008

WORK IT OUT

Philippians 4:1-3
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Words of Encouragement

1 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stay true to the Lord. I love you and long to see you, dear friends, for you are my joy and the crown I receive for my work.

2 Now I appeal to Euodia and Syntyche. Please, because you belong to the Lord, settle your disagreement. 3 And I ask you, my true partner, to help these two women, for they worked hard with me in telling others the Good News. They worked along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are written in the Book of Life.

Admit it. From time to time, disagreements will arise, even among the faithful. There were two women in the church at Philippi, this church that gave Paul so much joy, who were not getting along. Paul’s encouragement to them was to work it out. He didn’t stop there. He encouraged the whole church to help them work it out. Why? Because the work of spreading the Good News was more important than their disagreement. They had worked together in the ministry before and Paul’s desire was for them to continue to work together, advancing God’s kingdom.

Are you out of fellowship with a co-worker for Christ? Is there a situation you know about where ministry partners are at odds with each other? Now is a perfect time to work it out!

No comments: