This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

FALSE TEACHERS

Jeremiah 23:16, 21-22
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

16 This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says to his people:

“Do not listen to these prophets when they prophesy to you,
filling you with futile hopes.
They are making up everything they say.
They do not speak for the Lord! …
21 “I have not sent these prophets,
yet they run around claiming to speak for me.
I have given them no message,
yet they go on prophesying.
22 If they had stood before me and listened to me,
they would have spoken my words,
and they would have turned my people
from their evil ways and deeds.


How can you tell? How can you identify a false teacher? Treasury workers are able to identify the counterfeit by having an intimate knowledge of the real. “…the LORD of Heaven’s Armies…” gives us four qualities of a truth teacher. They:
  • Are sent by God
  • Have received their message from God
  • Speak God’s Word
  • Confront sin
If all you get each Sunday is headline chatter, funny stories and feel good messages … beware. “…the LORD of Heaven’s Armies says … Do not listen…”

No comments: