This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Friday, March 06, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST GOD

Proverbs 3:5-6
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.

“That employee could hardly miss the message – his value is tied to his performance; the performance must always improve and mistakes will not be tolerated. Jesus Christ says, ‘I want none of that. I don’t want my people to be terrified slaves. I don’t want them to think I love them because of what they can do for me. I want them to know I love them for who they are – the adopted sons and daughters of God, my brothers and sisters. And I don’t want them to fear being thrown out on the street for whatever reason; I want them to know they are my family forever’” (p. 107). *

God tells us we can trust Him and He sent Jesus Christ to the Cross to prove it!

* From Who Are You When No One’s Looking? By Bill Hybels. Copyright © 1987 by Bill Hybels.

No comments: