This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

NEITHER WEAK OR PASSIVE

Matthew 11:28-30
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Rest for the Weary

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”


Humility is often misunderstood. In the self-centered world, humility is viewed as weakness and/or passivity. It is neither.

From a biblical point of view, humility is disciplined strength and others-centered power.

Jesus always exhibited a humble character. Whether healing a child, clearing the temple or washing His disciples feet, Jesus’ humility was evident in His submission to the authority of His Father and His perfect obedience to His Father’s will.

Jesus was the most humble man who ever lived … and the perfect example for the believer.

No comments: