This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, April 20, 2009

SETTING PRIORITIES

Luke 12:16-21
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Parable of the Rich Fool

16 Then he told them a story: “A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. 17 He said to himself, ‘What should I do? I don’t have room for all my crops.’ 18 Then he said, ‘I know! I’ll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I’ll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. 19 And I’ll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!”’

20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’

21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”


Time is a precious commodity. Any time spent in one area of life is time that you are unable to spend in another. Once it is used up, it is gone forever.

The rich fool prioritized wealth and self, not knowing that his time was running out. He failed to prioritize his relationship with God. That relationship is the only priority that counts for eternity (not limited by time).

What are your priorities? Where do ambition and greed fit into your list, compared with your relationship with God? Set your priorities in order before time runs out!

No comments: