This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, October 31, 2005

Holy Ground

When the LORD saw that he had caught Moses’ attention, God called to him from the bush, “Moses! Moses!”
“Here I am!” Moses replied.
“Do not come any closer,” God told him. “Take off your sandals, for you are standing on holy ground.” Then he said, “I am the God of your ancestors—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” When Moses heard this, he hid his face in his hands because he was afraid to look at God.
 
Exodus 3:4-6
 
Moses was in his father-in-laws pasture, tending his sheep. There was no altar, no pulpit, no stained glass windows, no padded pews or carpeted aisles. There was not even a building. It was the place where God met Moses and God called it Holy Ground.
 
Where is the place where God meets you? Yes, it may be at church on Sunday morning but is it limited to that?  I pray that you meet Him more than just at church. I pray you meet Him early in the morning when you rise and quietly spend some time with Him in study. I pray you meet Him when your home is filled with the activity of the day. I pray you meet Him as you drive through the morning or evening rush hour. I pray you meet Him on your job when issues of integrity and fairness are being struggled. I pray you meet Him in the stands as you cheer for your child and their teammates (and the opposing team too). I pray you meet Him before you end the day as you prepare to get a nights rest.
 
God met Moses right where he was and God declared that place to be Holy Ground.
 
We are standing on Holy Ground;
And I know there are angels all around.
Let us praise Jesus now;
We are standing in His presence on Holy Ground.        By Geron Davis, copyright 1983

No comments: