This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

THE WAY OF LIFE

Oh, how I love your law! I think about it all day long.
Your commands make me wiser than my enemies, for your commands are my constant guide.
Yes, I have more insight than my teachers, for I am always thinking of your decrees.
I am even wiser than my elders, for I have kept your commandments.
I have refused to walk on any path of evil, that I may remain obedient to your word.
I haven’t turned away from your laws, for you have taught me well.
How sweet are your words to my taste; they are sweeter than honey.
Your commandments give me understanding; no wonder I hate every false way of life.

Psalm 119:97-104

Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” – John 14:6

The psalmist recognized that there was more than one way of life. Because of his passion for God’s Word, he came to regard the Word as sweet to his taste buds. Because of that passion, he developed a hate for every false way of life.

Have you ever heard the expression ‘living a lie’? The psalmist was daily and all day meditating on God’s commands and those precepts would not let him live a lie. He developed a love for the truthful way of life. He couldn’t live a lie.

In Jesus, believers have the embodiment of God’s Word. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God.” – John 1:1.

In Jesus, believers have “… the way, the truth and the life.”

Believers will find that Jesus is sweeter than the honey in the honey comb.

No comments: