This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, October 24, 2005

THE ONE WHO KNOW OUR TOMORROW

This is what the LORD says: “When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will come to you and fulfill my gracious promise to bring you back to this place. For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

Jeremiah 29:10-14

How difficult it must have been for the people to whom Jeremiah was prophesying. His message from the LORD said “… seventy years …” and you will see the culmination of my plan for you. I can just hear the people complaining. “What about tomorrow?”

As we go through the changes which happen in life … the new job … the addition to the family … the move to a new house and neighborhood … the change in business partners … the retirement … the loss of a loved one … we want to know now how things will be tomorrow. Changes like these for many are the high stress situations that the cardiologists warn us about. Instead of getting stressed out about tomorrow, the better option is to wait on the LORD. He is the one who says “… I know the plans …” He holds our future in the palm of His hand. All we have to do is trust Him and wait patiently on Him.

For additional thoughts along this line, click on the Devotion for today.

1 comment:

Rev. Willie said...

'Cuz', thanks for passing it on. Wherever God's Word goes, we are promised it will not come back void.