This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Thursday, December 15, 2005

A FATHER'S LEGACY

I know that you sincerely trust the Lord, for you have the faith of your mother, Eunice, and your grandmother, Lois. This is why I remind you to fan into flames the spiritual gift God gave you when I laid my hands on you. For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. So you must never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord. And don’t be ashamed of me, either, even though I’m in prison for Christ. With the strength God gives you, be ready to suffer with me for the proclamation of the Good News.
 
2nd Timothy 1:5-8
 
Have you ever asked yourself the question, “Where were Timothy’s father and grandfather?”
 
Praise God for mothers and grandmothers who live the life of faith before their children.  Nothing wrong there! Too often men place a priority on being the bread winner, the outdoorsman, the athlete and/or the leader-enforcer. Nothing wrong there either as long as their faith is interwoven into all those activities. The problem comes when men don’t take their God-given role as the spiritual leader in the home. They leave matters of faith to their helpmates.
 
Brothers, don’t let your life legacy be void of a faith legacy for your children.

No comments: