This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

THE MESSAGE

John 17:1-8
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

The Prayer of Jesus

1 After saying all these things, Jesus looked up to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son so he can give glory back to you. 2 For you have given him authority over everyone. He gives eternal life to each one you have given him. 3 And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth. 4 I brought glory to you here on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5 Now, Father, bring me into the glory we shared before the world began.

6 “I have revealed you to the ones you gave me from this world. They were always yours. You gave them to me, and they have kept your word. 7 Now they know that everything I have is a gift from you, 8 for I have passed on to them the message you gave me. They accepted it and know that I came from you, and they believe you sent me.


God gave Jesus the message. Jesus was faithful – He completed His mission – He gave glory to His Father. Jesus delivered the message.

What is this message?
“… this is the way to have eternal life – to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.”

The key to eternal is knowing God and the pathway to that knowledge is through His Son, Jesus Christ … the One who brought the message.

Jesus brought the message and that message is recorded and preserved in the holy scriptures. We weren’t alive when the message was delivered but because we have the Bible, the message which the apostles believed is the same message which will save you and I, if we believe. The message is complete … acceptable … believable … powerful … and gives glory where glory is due, to the Father and the Son.

Read your Bible every day. Immerse yourself in the Message.

No comments: