This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Thursday, September 04, 2008

ON MISSION

John 14:27-31
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

27 “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. 28 Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am. 29 I have told you these things before they happen so that when they do happen, you will believe.

30 “I don’t have much more time to talk to you, because the ruler of this world approaches. He has no power over me, 31 but I will do what the Father requires of me, so that the world will know that I love the Father. Come, let’s be going.


The Father had dispatched the Son on a mission which was about to bring Him face-to-face with the ruler of this world. When Jesus refers to Satan as the ruler of this world, He lets us know that while the devil exercises power and influence in the earthly realm, that power … that influence … is no match for the Father, the Son or the Holy Spirit. “He has no power over me.” Jesus was not about to let Satan defer Him from the mission the Father had sent Him to do. The Cross … the salvation of the world was too important.

Likewise, God has dispatched all believers on a mission and He does not send us out powerless. Our mission is to spread the Good News of what Jesus Christ did at Calvary. As we to stay on mission, the One who said Satan has no power over Him has promised to be with us (
Matthew 28:18-20).

In the words of Jesus, “Come, let’s be going.” Brothers and sisters, stay on mission!

No comments: