This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Friday, November 11, 2005

SOME THINGS NEED REMEMBERING

I plan to keep on reminding you of these things—even though you already know them and are standing firm in the truth. Yes, I believe I should keep on reminding you of these things as long as I live. But the Lord Jesus Christ has shown me that my days here on earth are numbered and I am soon to die. So I will work hard to make these things clear to you. I want you to remember them long after I am gone.
 
2nd Peter 1:12-15
 
On this Veteran’s Day, it is important to remember those men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice so that we may enjoy the freedom we have. They have laid down their lives for you and me. They have lost limbs or sustained other debilitating injuries. They have given up days, months, even years from their families so our families can enjoy each other.
 
Our prayer today is a prayer of thanksgiving for veterans, living and deceased, who have faithfully served our nation.

No comments: