This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

THE FLOCK

Jesus replied, “I have already told you, and you don’t believe me. The proof is what I do in the name of my Father. But you don’t believe me because you are not part of my flock. My sheep recognize my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. So no one can take them from me. The Father and I are one.”
 
John 10:25-30
 
By a negative statement, Jesus declares, “…you don’t believe me because you are not part of my flock.”  The positive of that statement would say, ‘Those of you who do believe are part of His flock.”
 
Do you believe that Jesus Christ is who the Bible says He is? Do you believe He is the Son of God? Do you believe that He died on Calvary’s Cross and on the third day rose again? Do you believe that He died for the sins of the world? Do you believe that He died for your sin?
 
Those of you who do believe are part of His flock.
 
You may be a part of a local flock (church) and practice many other things. Churches and denominations, open in Jesus name, are diverse in their beliefs, practices and styles. The bottom line is do they believe Jesus is who the Bible says He is? Are they part of THE FLOCK?  Arguments over minutia and differences in style are not important. Jesus says, “My sheep recognize my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” Do you believe? Are you one of the sheep in HIS FLOCK?

No comments: