This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Thursday, February 23, 2006

TRAILS OF SERVICE

Then, besides all this, I have the daily burden of how the churches are getting along. Who is weak without my feeling that weakness? Who is led astray, and I do not burn with anger? If I must boast, I would rather boast about the things that show how weak I am. God, the Father of our Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows I tell the truth.
 
2nd Corinthians 11:28-31
 
I asked you a couple days ago, “What have you done for the Lord lately?” The context of the question was to get away from looking at self (What have you done for me…?) and looking at Christ. I concluded with the thought, “Only what you do for Christ will last.”
 
It is only right to point out that when you do for Christ you can expect many trials (2nd Corinthians 11:16-27). Probably you will never experience trials such as the Apostle Paul did but you can expect that Satan will oppose your efforts to do good in the name of Jesus Christ. Despite all the buffeting Paul experienced his heart for the church, for the things of Christ, never faltered.
 
In recounting his many trails, Paul praised God because he knew he could have never come through those trials in his own strength. Paul pointed to his weakness rather than his strength. It was only God who enabled Paul to be an overcomer.

No comments: