This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, July 10, 2006

GOING HOME

How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty.
I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the LORD. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God.
Even the sparrow finds a home there, and the swallow builds her nest and raises her young—at a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God!
How happy are those who can live in your house, always singing your praises.

Psalm 84:1-4

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

Upper Room - 07/10/06

What a wonderful blessing it is for those in the Body of Christ to know that the promise of our future is to go home and be present with the Lord! The psalm poet expressed his “longing to enter the courts of the LORD.”

Jesus said, “I go to prepare a place for you.” (John 14:2) We only have to prepare ourselves on this side of glory by receiving the gift of God’s salvation. All the ‘fixin up’ of our eternal home is already done.

No comments: