This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

JUST ENOUGH

Every word of God proves true. He defends all who come to him for protection. Do not add to his words, or he may rebuke you, and you will be found a liar. O God, I beg two favors from you before I die. First, help me never to tell a lie. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. For if I grow rich, I may deny you and say, “Who is the LORD?” And if I am too poor, I may steal and thus insult God’s holy name.

Proverbs 30:5-9

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

Our Daily Bread - 07/26/06

At Kids Across America  camp, when it is meal time, the campers are allowed to take as much food as they want but required to eat all they take. They learn the beautiful lesson of God’s provision and at the same time they learn not to be wasteful. Being camp these lessons are taught in a fun way and yet the seriousness is strictly enforced. The scriptural concept of just enough is impressed on their hearts.

My prayer is that God will place His plans in my heart and make them into my needs. “Lord, my hearts desire is to do your will.”

Then when I pray for God to “give me just enough to satisfy my needs,” that prayer and those needs are in sync with God’s will. He will surely give me just enough. God’s just enough is all I need.

No comments: