This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Friday, July 21, 2006

IT'S ALL ABOUT GOD

Who is Apollos, and who is Paul, that we should be the cause of such quarrels? Why, we’re only servants. Through us God caused you to believe. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. My job was to plant the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God, not we, who made it grow. The ones who do the planting or watering aren’t important, but God is important because he is the one who makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work as a team with the same purpose. Yet they will be rewarded individually, according to their own hard work. We work together as partners who belong to God. You are God’s field, God’s building—not ours.

1st Corinthians 3:5-9

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

In Touch Ministries - 07/21/06

What is the motivation for your service?

I have questioned myself often about this. If the motivation for my service is to draw attention to myself, gain recognition and be personally praised, then my service is about pride and only worthy to be burned up.

If, on the other hand, the service I give is to bring glory to God and point someone to His Son, Jesus Christ, then the motivation is rightly placed. That is the desire of my heart for only “…God is important…”

Let’s partner together in service to God with the proper motivation. Remember … it’s all about God!

No comments: