This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

PRAYING MAKES A DIFFERENCE

Genesis 18:20-22; 32-33
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Abraham Intercedes for Sodom

20 So the Lord told Abraham, “I have heard a great outcry from Sodom and Gomorrah, because their sin is so flagrant. 21 I am going down to see if their actions are as wicked as I have heard. If not, I want to know.”

22 The other men turned and headed toward Sodom, but the Lord remained with Abraham. …

32 Finally, Abraham said, “Lord, please don’t be angry with me if I speak one more time. Suppose only ten are found there?”

And the Lord replied, “Then I will not destroy it for the sake of the ten.”

33 When the Lord had finished his conversation with Abraham, he went on his way, and Abraham returned to his tent.


The full context of this passage is Genesis 18:16-33.

Do you ever wonder if your prayers change anything? Is your prayer time just an exercise or in heaven, does it really make a difference? This exchange between the Lord and Abraham tells me that our prayers can impact the plan of God. Yes, Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, as the Lord planned, but Abraham’s prayer and ten righteous people would have resulted in a very different outcome.

Where do you need God to change things in your life? Pray about it!

No comments: