This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Friday, September 04, 2009

SEE AND HEAR

Exodus 3:7-8
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Moses and the Burning Bush

7 Then the Lord told him, “I have certainly seen the oppression of my people in Egypt. I have heard their cries of distress because of their harsh slave drivers. Yes, I am aware of their suffering. 8 So I have come down to rescue them from the power of the Egyptians and lead them out of Egypt into their own fertile and spacious land. It is a land flowing with milk and honey—the land where the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites now live.


Before God goes into action (…I have come down…), He first sees (…I have seen…) and hears (…I have heard…) there troubles.

How are we to respond to the lost, the hungry, the down trodden, if we separate … isolate ourselves from them? The Great Commission calls us into action. We have to see and hear the trouble before we can properly respond. To be a Matthew 25:34-36 saint, you must be willing to go see and hear.

No comments: