This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

KNOWING CHRIST

I once thought all these things were so very important, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I may have Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own goodness or my ability to obey God’s law, but I trust Christ to save me. For God’s way of making us right with himself depends on faith.

Philippians 3:7-9

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

Our Daily Bread - 10/25/06

There are many things in our lives which we place great value and importance. The homes we live in … the vehicles we drive … the clothes we wear … our spouses, parents and children … our friends. There is nothing wrong with valuing these things or investing our time, our talents and our resources in them. Our challenge with these worldly possessions is to maintain the proper perspective about them. In comparison to ‘knowing Christ Jesus my Lord’, these things, while valuable, are ‘worthless’. How much more ought we invest in our relationship with the One who died for our sins … the only One who can save us for all eternity!

No comments: