This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Friday, February 06, 2009

THE MENTORING LEADER

Philippians 4:8-9
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Words of Encouragement

8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.


The qualities of a leader have a direct connection to his or her character qualities. Each Christian, either intentionally or unintentionally, is a leader, for the mission given all Christians is to lead others to Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:19-20). The Apostle Paul references this mentoring role when he tells the Church at Philippi to “Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me – everything you heard and saw me doing.”

Ask yourself, “Who am I leading? Who do I have a mentoring relationship with? What do they see when they watch my life? What character qualities am I demonstrating?”

The bottom line … Is God pleased with me as a mentor/leader?

No comments: