This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Thursday, February 12, 2009

TRUST LEVEL

Habakkuk 3:17-18
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

Habakkuk’s Prayer

17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
and the cattle barns are empty,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!


We can’t open a newspaper, pull up a website or tune into a news broadcast without being reminded of the depth of the economic crisis. It would seem that the economics in the prophet Habakkuk’s day were pretty bad as well. Yet Habakkuk trusted the LORD. Though the stock market (flocks, cattle…) reports were bleak, he still had joy.

Here is the question. Does your joy come from your bank balance, 401K performance or employment outlook? Or do you have joy because of your relationship with God through Jesus Christ?


I’ve got joy, down in my heart;
Deep, deep down in my heart.
Jesus put it there and nothing can destroy…
I’ve got joy, down in my heart;
Deep, deep down in my heart.

No comments: