This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

THE NEW COVENANT

Jeremiah 31:33-34
Holy Bible. New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust.

The New Covenant

33 “But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day,” says the Lord. “I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 34 And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the Lord.’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already,” says the Lord. “And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.”


The Old Testament prophet Isaiah spoke to Israel about the new covenant God was going to establish. It would replace the old covenant. It would not be like the Law. The rules and regulations which had guided the people … which had to be taught … learned … would be replaced by a covenant which would be placed in the hearts of men and women. No longer head knowledge but relationship. To ‘know’ in Biblical terms denotes intimacy and the place of this knowing is in the heart … not just in the head.

This new covenant is found in a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. When you invite Jesus Christ into your heart, your salvation is sure … your eternity is set. The Lord said,
“I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.”

‘Know’ God today through your personal relationship with His Son.

No comments: