This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, November 20, 2006

GOD HAS SPOKEN

Help me, O LORD my God! Save me because of your unfailing love. Let them see that this is your doing, that you yourself have done it, LORD. Then let them curse me if they like, but you will bless me! When they attack me, they will be disgraced! But I, your servant, will go right on rejoicing! Make their humiliation obvious to all; clothe my accusers with disgrace. But I will give repeated thanks to the LORD, praising him to everyone. For he stands beside the needy, ready to save them from those who condemn them.

Psalm 109:26-31

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

Upper Room - 11/20/06

I ran into a dear friend a few evenings back who is a reader of the Gospel Pearls. He told me that sometimes it seems like the devotion is speaking directly to him. That’s how it is for me with today’s Upper Room devotion. It is not so much the devotion but how God, who spoke in days long past, speaks into our daily situation.

Vickie Winans popular gospel hit is titled “We Need a Word from the LORD”. The truth is God has spoken and we can find what we need (encouragement, hope, comfort, answers, truth) in the scriptures. The Word we need is right there for us, if we will only seek it out.

No comments: