This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

HE WATCHES

The eyes of the LORD watch over those who do right; his ears are open to their cries for help.
But the LORD turns his face against those who do evil; he will erase their memory from the earth.
The LORD hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit.
The righteous face many troubles, but the LORD rescues them from each and every one.

Psalm 34:15-19

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

Our Daily Bread - 11/01/06

How we respond to the knowledge that God is an ‘omni’ God (omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent), depends on our relationship with Him. “Those who do right…” are comfortable with an all-knowing Father while “… those who do evil…” are made very nervous by the idea of the One who is all powerful. The God who is everywhere-present sees the actions of both the good and the bad.

I rejoice knowing that Father God is watching me because even when I mess up, I know He loves me. Not my mess … me!

I sing because I’m happy,
I sing because I’m free.
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me!

No comments: