This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, December 11, 2006

CHRIST IN ME

Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Psalm 51:10-12

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

Upper Room - 12/11/06

Just a few days ago, we looked at the scripture passage from today’s devotion (Colossians 3:12-15) and focused on the character traits of the believer. Today let’s look at our appearance. As we develop the character traits of the believer our appearance to the world will change. No, our waist won’t get slimmer, legs won’t get longer or hair won’t get straighter/curlier (whatever your preference). As the Holy Spirit changes you on the inside, giving you a clean heart, a right spirit, a life filled with joy, you will look different. That is because the world will be seeing less and less of the you in you and more and more of the Christ in you.

John the Baptist said, “He must increase, but I must decrease” – (John 3:30).

Are you allowing the Holy Spirit to develop your character and change your appearance into the image of Christ?

No comments: