This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Thursday, December 28, 2006

SIMPLY FOLLOW THE MODEL

“Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Psalm 46:10

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

InTouch Ministries - 12/28/06

OK. Today is a day of confession. Meditation or prayer time is not one of the things that come easily for me. I struggle with carving out the time, getting secluded and being still. The phone rang as I was typing that last sentence and I just had to answer it. That’s a perfect example of my struggle.

Check out Dr. Stanley’s devotion on meditation and follow the model he describes. Who is the model? Jesus himself. Jesus took the time, found the place and became still when He spent time communing with His Father.

“Be still, and know that I am God.”

Note: Happy Birthday to my wonderful wife, Gennia.

No comments: