This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Thursday, December 14, 2006

FULFILLED


“Don’t misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to fulfill them. I assure you, until heaven and earth disappear, even the smallest detail of God’s law will remain until its purpose is achieved. So if you break the smallest commandment and teach others to do the same, you will be the least in the Kingdom of Heaven. But anyone who obeys God’s laws and teaches them will be great in the Kingdom of Heaven.

Matthew 5:17-19

TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK

InTouch Ministries - 12/14/06

“I am a New Testament saint.”

“We are a New Testament church.”

Have you ever heard similar declarations? Is there buried, under the surface of these statements, the agenda that I shouldn’t be concerned about those Old Testament regulations? I can embrace those that are comfortable for me, for my family, for my culture. Those that seem politically incorrect or out of step with modern society, I can ignore.

God forbid this kind of attitude! Jesus said, “…I came to fulfill…” the Law.

As we prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, let’s remember why He said He was born. Include a personal/spiritual attitude check in your celebration this year. Is your attitude toward all of God’s Word in line with Jesus’ purpose for coming?

No comments: