This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Monday, April 10, 2006

BECAUSE HE DIED

... we believe that Christ died for everyone ... He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live to please themselves. Instead, they will live to please Christ, who died and was raised for them. So we have stopped evaluating others by what the world thinks about them. Once I mistakenly thought of Christ that way, as though he were merely a human being. How differently I think about him now! What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!
 
1st Corinthians 5:14b, 15-17
 
TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK
 
Upper Room - 04/10/06
 
Because Jesus Christ died, I should view the life of believers in Him in a brand new way. Their sins are forgiven. Their past is no longer important. Their future is secured by the promise of Christ. “A new life has begun!”
 
In like manner, how I regard myself is also in the light of my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Not only has he made others brand new. He has made me brand new, too. I am no longer a slave (to sin) but rather a son (adopted into the family) and an heir to God’s promise (Galatians 4:28-31).

No comments: