This Week's Praise

"Betelehemu" by Morehouse College Glee Club

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

THE WATCHFUL EYE

The LORD himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade.
The sun will not hurt you by day, nor the moon at night.
The LORD keeps you from all evil and preserves your life.
The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.
 
Psalm 121: 5-8
 
TODAY’S DEVOTIONAL LINK
 
Our Daily Bread - 04/05/06
 
You may be familiar with the line from the old hymn: “His eye is on the sparrow, I know He watches me.”
 
I am privileged to be a school bus driver for about fifty middle and high school kids. As I drive, I have to keep an eye on the road, watching for traffic situations which may arise quickly and unexpectedly. I also have to regularly glance in the mirror on the bus and let the kids know I am watching them and will catch them if they are misbehaving. I am sure I miss more than I catch.
 
God is not watching us to catch us when we sin. He will see when that happens. No, His purpose in watching is to protect; to keep you from harm; to keep you from evil; to preserve your life. It is a comfort to know that “The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.”

No comments: